Wednesday, September 24, 2008

For Neeser...

Although she lost this battle, she has won many of us over. I have known this woman for so long, it is hard to pick one memory. In our lives together we have memories that involve June 11th/July 11th, M&M's, McDonalds, Soul Asylum, the color black, Docs, graduations (many graduations just between the two of us), parties, concerts, shows, marriages, divorce, loss of friends, cancer and finally celebration. We laughed and cried together over many events, thankfully most of our tears were for joy. I have shared so many of my greatest moments with her, let's face it she made many moments great!!!

To her family, I am deeply sorry for this profound loss. She was such a beautiful person on the inside and out and you made her that way. She was one of the most caring people I have ever known. She gave of herself fully to her music, her family and her friends. I feel honored and privileged to have been able to have been a part of her life. To her friends, I think we all can say that we feel a loss so deep that words just do not express our feelings. I have heard many names throughout the years of people that she called friend. I may have never met you, but Denise always spoke fondly of her friends, so I feel as though I know a little bit about the many people that touched her.

To Denise, you will forever be in my heart and a part of me. I will miss so much about you, I just cannot summarize it all. I have often thought how unfair it was for me to loose Trace and now you to the same disease. I will not dwell on this though because I know it worried you that this fact would make me sad. Honestly Neeser, I'm just sad that I no longer can talk to you, share things with you, visit you, hug you or just be near you. I will continue to fight to help find a cure and hopefully...

M&M's make friends...forever!!!! I love you and will deeply miss you.

No comments: